Win, Win with Guest Blogging
Of course blogging on your own blog has got to be done as a priority but there’s ways to share your amazing views by getting involved in guest blogging. Everybody wins and your beautifully composed content will now be visible to more people. At the same time you build high quality inbound links which helps improve reach.
Guest Blogging Players
There are two parties required to guest blog:
- Guest Blogger– If you are preparing content to be published on a blog other than your own you are the guest blogger
- Host Blogger– If you are accepting content from other bloggers to be published on your blog you are the host blogger
These roles can be reversed anytime you wish. Both parties benefit by having fresh content that provides greater insights into your area of expertise for blog readers.
Why Guest Blog?
The investment of time and money into guest blogging is minimum, the ROI (return on investment) can be maximum. Below you’ll find the biggest bonuses as a host or guest blogger. Once you understand how guest bloggers are really helping each other I know you’ll want to incorporate it into your social marketing and marketing planning.
Foster New Relationships
You are now reaching a new audience when you become a guest blogger. When your blog post is published it is likely your new readers know little about you but are interested in the topic you are writing about. Each guest blog post has a signature acknowledging the author with a link back to your website. This will appear on every guest post you make on other blogs.
Screenshot from Darren Rowse’s blog
If you really impress your new audience they will be able to learn more about you by following links to your website or social networks. This is the beginning of a potential new relationship starting with an act of simple curiosity.
The relationships you form can be meaningful, long term business relationships.
Redirecting Trust with Quality Content
Alliances formed between guest and host bloggers ideally have a trustworthy blog following already in place. This relationship also will share knowledge in the same niche. Quality content that is uniquely composed for the interests of the shared target audience will result in host blog articles driving traffic to your blog.
Improved Search Engine Placement
Quality inbound links are seen as citations by search engines. Remember your link as the author appears on each article published on a host blog. Not only do you have the ‘click-thru’ potential but you also may receive extra search engine ranking juice. Of course when you repeat the process the benefits are multiplied. This affect will happen naturally if you follow the rules of host bloggers, search engine guidelines, quality in your story telling and unique content.
Do not plan on this technique manipulating Google search results because that’s not what it is intended to do. If your rankings are improved it’s because you earned it with great writing that led to a supreme user experience (Yes, Google will measure user engagement).
Advantages of Guest Blogging
Bloggers are eternally searching for new content ideas. Host bloggers get plenty of well written content allowing them to attract a wider audience and keep their website fresh. Guest bloggers benefit by receiving incoming visitors and the trust value associated with the host blogger’s traffic. It’s a win, win!
Guest Blogging Basic Guidelines
Bloggers are eternally searching for new content ideas. Guest blogging solves that problem. At the same time it’s a great opportunity to build friendships with other bloggers.
- Acknowledgement- Guest’s posts will contain a signature allowing blog readers a method to acknowledge the author and visit their website.
- Bio– A guest blogger can create a bio that may include their website, Facebook profile, Twitter account and YouTube channel
- Grammatically Correct- All guest blog posts should be spell checked and composed with a decent grasp of the language of your blog
- On Topic- Request that guest posts are related to your blog niche. If necessary provide a short list of suggested topics
- Publishing Date- Agree on a deadline for publishing.
- Specified Word Count– Each article should have a minimum word count. In our guest blogging we require a minimum of 400 words
- Unique Content– Any articles should be uniquely written and focused on the interests of readers
A Word from the Wise about Articles and Guest Blogging
-Thank You Rand
Guest blogging requires a keen sense of understanding who will be reading your content. Then deliver an interesting message in your article to the reader.
OrilliaBusiness.com welcomes guest bloggers. The categories we focus on include Website Analysis, Website Design, and Fun in Orillia, Internet Marketing, Orillia News, Orillia Business, Traffic Generation and Social Media. If you would like to share your valued insights on our blog and drive traffic to your own website you can sign up for a guest blogger account right now.