The entire internet would not be as informational or interesting without hyperlinks. You can assign hyperlinks to highlighted text and images that lead readers to more relevant content. They can link to external web pages or your own internal web pages.
- How many ways are there to add links? There are 3 ways to add hyperlinks; 1) Apply in MS Word 2) Apply using the WordPress toolbar. 3) Add links in html editing mode.
- Show me how to add a link using WordPress. To add a text link highlight the text you want linked (anchor text), locate the “Insert or Edit Link” icon found in the WordPress toolbar then paste or enter the link.
- Explain what a link is about? Create a title for the link to offer a more defined explanation that can be seen when you hover the mouse over it.
- When someone clicks an external website link do I have to lose my visitor? You can choose to link directly to a web page or open in a new window.
- What’s the easiest way to find and link to my own web pages? When linking to internal documents you can expand the link pop-up menu to allow for searching your website by title. Once the page you are looking for is present you can select it for linking and it will automatically populate the link URL box.
- OK, the link is added—now what? When you have added a link click the “Ad Link” button.
- How can I remove a link? To remove a text link locate the “Remove Link” icon in the toolbar.
- How do I make my links live? The final step to making your new links live is to click the “Publish” or “Update” button.
To edit existing links on posts or pages you can highlight or double click a it. Once selected edit it from the WordPress toolbar as explained above. You can also work with links in images the same way or edit image links through your media center.
How to Edit Image Links
Introduction to Link Categories
When you think about links your internal link structure is important to your website’s information architecture. Keep your own website content nicely organized by setting up categories you will publish your content in.
Add Links to a Sidebar
Adding your favorite links to your side bar is referred to as the blogrole in the WordPress world.
You can also use widgets to manage links that include images and other cool attributes.