Community Programming Features
There are many user-centric features that make this programming ideal for building a community of like-minded people. With the components below you will be able to publish professional web pages, post to social media sites, integrate social media into your website, talk privately or publicly to others and much more. In the brief outline below are described the bare bones components and modules recommended for your website community.
The following components are required and cannot be turned off but can be restarted, tweaked or edited.
- Core– It‘s what makes adapting to the newest technology possible! The system is constantly kept up-to-date with a very slick core file system. This means there will NEVER be fees for new CMS. The system runs on core files that are updated regularly (for security purposes) through the super admin panel. After super admin updates the core files, the entire network of member websites are updated in a few seconds. You will never need to pay additional fees for a new content management system
- Web Server- A hosting account will be needed to make the information in the community publicly or privately accessible.
- Community Members– Everything in a community revolves around its approved members. Admin can remove, ban or suspend any member.
A Few Available Component Add-ons
- Extended Profiles– Customize your community with fully editable profile fields that allow your users to describe themselves.
- Account Settings– Allow your users to modify their account and notification settings directly from within their profiles.
- Security File Exchange– Securely exchange files with other community members and your clients
- Friend Connections– Let your users make connections so they can track the activity of others and focus on the people they are interested in.
- Private Messaging– Allow your users to talk to each other directly and in private. Not just limited to one-on-one discussions, messages can be sent between any number of members with a real-time chat available.
- Activity Streams- Global, personal and group activity streams with threaded commenting, direct posting, favoriting and @mentions, all with full RSS feeds and email notification support.
- User Groups- Allow your users to organize themselves into specific public, private or hidden sections with separate activity streams and member listings.
- Discussion Forums– Full-powered discussion forums built directly into groups allow for more conventional in-depth conversations. NOTE: This will require an extra (but easy) setup step.
- Site Tracking– Make the community aware of new sites, new posts and new comments from across your entire network.
The Ultimate System for Secure Social Framework
Is Your Business Strategy Social?
Besides all required and available components there are modules that can be added allowing for seamless and scalable upgradability. Having a social presence in your over-all online persona will give you a distinct edge over those that do not. Basic framework includes:
- Admin Ads– Display ads in admin dashboard
- Admin Panel Tips– Provide your users with helpful random tips (or promotions/news) in their admin panels.
- Advertising– Sell Banners Ads
- Spam block The best way in the world to protect your community from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep
- Social networking in a box. Build a social network for your company, school, sports team or niche community all based on power and flexibility
- Group Calendar– The Group Calendar allows members to form groups and create a calendar of events
- Contact form. Simple but flexible. Through widgets members can add a lead form by dragging and dropping the module in place.
- Google Analytics Multisite– Lets the network admin collect statistics from all sites and it lets the regular site admins collect statistics from their own site.
- SEO A module that allows members to give the content the extra punch of optimized pages for search engines.
- Ecommerce– Works perfectly with multisites too to create a social marketplace, where you can take a percentage!
- Photo Gallery- push button management of photo galleries
- CAPTCHA– protects your forms from spam attacks
- Twitter Integration- Show your tweets under Sidebar Area (Widget), Post and/or Pages.
- Facebook Like- Allow other visitors to like your page on their Facebook profile
- Cache-Very fast caching plug-in.
- Messaging– PM – Private Messaging
- Friends List- Each member is free to propose friendships. When they are accepted your new friends will show on your friend’s list
The take-away from this article is the framework for the website community programming is already polished. The necessary ingredients to make your community work include a web server, core file system and membership. Once you have them, the sky is the limit. Creating powerful and authoritative content is always easier when more people are involved. Leverage the strength of the community to build an awesome web-based community.