I am Sick and Tired of the Internet
- I don’t understand social media. [Published]
- I am wasting way too much time online. [Published]
- My kids are out of control on Twitter and Facebook. [Published]
- I am an internet junkie. [Published]
- I don’t have the mental capacity to create a business website. [Published]
- Unsolicited emails keep growing in my email box. [Published]
- I am sick and tired of wasting my time in social networks. [Published]
- My business needs to be online but the thought of it bugs me because I feel out of control.
- I want to build a social persona for my business but do not know how to get started.
- The internet swallows me up every time I open a browser!
- There’s too much information online, I never know who to trust!
- How will business videos impact my business?
Over the next 12 weeks I will address each one of these frustrations so that you’ll have more clarity and understanding. Hopefully you will find some solutions to your nagging problems as they apply to your business and personal life online.
In the meantime let me share some facts about the monster (the internet)
- Almost 30% percent of the entire Middle East population is on the internet. The population of the Middle East is around 212 million. That means there are 63.2 million internet users from the Middle East online
- LinkedIn has over 50 Million members
- In 2009 there were roughly 90 Trillion email messages sent
- In 2009 approximately 81% of all emails were spam.
- Currently there are almost 2 billion total users on the internet
- As of December 2010 there were about 255 million total public websites
- According to BlogPulse there are over 152 Million blogs. Roughly 11% of these blogs are built on the WordPress platform
- Facebook has surpassed Google as the most visited website in the world Source
- If Facebook was a country it would be the third largest country in the world
- A grand total of 25 Billion Tweets were sent out on Twitter in 2010
- The most followed user on Twitter is Lady Gaga with 7.7 million followers
- Marketing your business on Twitter went from 3% in 2008 to 49% in 2009
- About 84% of all internet users watch videos online
- Everyday on YouTube there are about 2 billion videos taken in by internet users
If these facts irritate you and get under your skin you are not alone. You hate it because you probably don’t understand it, like most people. Is the time sucking, child consuming, addicting, business puzzle [known as the internet] out of control? Over the next 12 weeks we will find out.