A Marketing Company’s Take on the Future of your Business
If you have your own marketing team or decided to outsource to a marketing company you’re a believer in the most crucial aspect of your business for nurturing customers and prospects. Communicating your marketing message to a targeted audience requires experience and expertise. A good marketing campaign is defined as “delivering the right message to the right people at the right time”.
Most Effective Ways of Delivering Your Marketing Message
I am sure you know there are many channels of marketing available to you. The purpose of utilizing several marketing channels is to convert a prospect into a customer. Here are my top 5 marketing channels that we have found most successful:
- Word of Mouth– When satisfied customers tell other prospects about you, the number one marketing channel goes to work for you. Warning: the same effect applies to customer dissatisfaction. Your name can quickly become “mud” if you do not look after your customers.
- Internet Marketing– Use methods like organic rankings (SEO), PPC advertising and social media that will all drive targeted traffic to your website.
- Brand Recognition– Why do you think companies like Pepsi and Coke invest millions every year on branding their product? Because it works!
- Salespeople– An experienced sales team will almost always have the highest conversion ratio out of all marketing channels.
- Offline Media– Print, TV, Radio, Bus shelters, etc are all valid marketing channels. Once upon a time considered highly effective marketing channels, the internet changed the value of this channel dramatically.
Determining the Most Profitable Marketing Channel
With the assistance of web analytics it should be easy to spot the best performing marketing channel. Once discovered, your marketing budget can be wisely refocused on where to ROI (return on investment) really is. Just like our top 5 value chain above you may find these marketing channels perform differently for your business. Critical decisions like deciding on what marketing channel is most profitable to your company is best assessed through management using analytic data. Managers depend on analytics to make data driven decisions to optimize marketing framework. If you are trying to reach the same goal, measuring all channels of marketing will make your decision much easier.
Considering the Distribution Chain
Depending on how you cater to your audience will affect your marketing strategy for your company. For example, if you are a wholesaler you do not sell to the general public. Therefore your marketing system will not be the same as a B to C (business to consumer) company. Often when your company sells through a distribution network a “push and pull” strategy is used. This means a manufacturer can deliver a marketing message to the consumer who “pulls” the message from the marketer then pushes it to the retailer. The consumer will “pull” retailers to carry the product. The retailers “push” distributers to bring the product into retail outlet.
Internet Marketing Distribution
Getting your marketing message delivered online can literally be executed in seconds. Before you dive in I recommend following some advice a wise man once told me, “Slow down, you’ll go faster”. With the abundance of internet marketing research tools available we are able to find out many important marketing elements in and around your target audience. Market intelligence will foster website property designed for speaking directly to your audience’s pleasures and pains. Of course you should always be following an internet marketing process that allows you to determine the value of various traffic sources.
Here is a list of recommended methods to drive targeted traffic at your stunning website design. They are listed in (our opinion) order of importance:
- Website Development– In order to entertain your audience we should have a kingdom (website) completely designed around your audiences interests.
- Organic Optimization (SEO) – Puts a search engine emphasis on the most important keywords internet users would enter to find your website. This phase of internet marketing requires an investment of time and/ or money above and beyond website design.
- Social Media– It is no longer a question of “if”. It is now a matter of when and how to leverage social media for business.
- Email Marketing & List Building– Optin email marketing and list building represents a higher level of trust. Most business people understand what it means when trust is developed.
- Paid Traffic – Buy traffic from Google, Facebook, Yahoo and other online advertisers. You pay for each time an advertisement is clicked (PPC).
Internet marketing is an “all in” commitment. If you are serious about experiencing any return on your investment creating the most beautiful website in the world means nothing if nobody visits. What will you do to drive interested internet users to your offer? No matter how you cut it website design is one piece of the internet marketing puzzle
Does a Marketing Company Really Add Value?
Marketing professionals are interested in the core values of your company. After a collaboration session with the goal of core value discovery, great marketing plans are formulated. A marketing company will help you succeed and provide a plan to illustrate how. A marketing company also helps you understand what to do once you succeed at achieve a goal. What else can a marketing company do for your business?
- Connect more dots
- Reach larger audiences
- Understand ROI
- Maximize budget value
- Multi-channel marketing and tracking
- Actionable insights
There is no doubt a marketing company will help you achieve goals faster and more. If in doubt why not call your neighborhood marketing expert to enjoy a free consultation?