Introduction to Media Library
Here you’ll learn how to manage your media library. Tasks like uploading images, audio, video or embedding have never been easier for non-techies.
- Accessing Media Library– To see all the contents of your media library navigate to Media>Library on your sidebar navigation
- Types of files you can Upload- Upload and publish audio, video, jpg, png file types
- Use in Future Content Pages- Once you add any content to your library it is available for any current and future web pages
- Managing Media– Hoover the mouse over any media icon to reveal features such as edit, view or delete permanently
- Optimizing Images– Add captions, alt tags, titles, and image inscriptions
Upload Media to the Media Library
Introducing new media to your library can be done by navigating to the media library or as you are publishing new web pages.
- Adding Media- To add any type of new media start from the sidebar navigation Media>Add New
- Uploading Options– You can simply navigate to the location on your computer or drag and drop images into the uploader
- Problems Uploading– In rare cases a browser can have strict security settings preventing the upload script from working
- No Problems Uploading– WordPress comes equipped with its own browser uploader, click the link to launch it
- Editing the file- Before you add it to a document add Alternate tags for the vision impaired, titles and captions
Embed videos, images and media into posts and pages
It’s easy to embed content from other websites like YouTube, Vimeo, WordPress TV, Flickr and Google Video.
- Embedding Content– Copy and paste the URL of the content you want embedded on a separate line in your post or page, the system will take care of the rest
- Displaying Video with Other Content– Short code is required to include the video with other page elements
- Media Sizes Available– Website like YouTube have option for some videos included in their own embed code
- Adding Third Party Embed Codes– Simply copy the embed source code and paste it into your content page using the “Text Mode” located in the upper right
- Did you do it Correctly– Click the preview button in the upper right to see it before you publish it on the web